Mortgage Problems? Read this Tax Tips!

Posted at Mar 4, 2012 11:16 am

Mortgage Debt Forgiveness: 10 Key Points Canceled debt is normally taxable to you, but there are exceptions. One of those exceptions is available to homeowners whose mortgage debt is partly or entirely forgiven during tax years 2007 through 2012. The IRS would like you to know these 10 facts about Mortgage Debt Forgiveness: 1. Normally, […]

Be the First to Comment

Be Smart! Get Tax Benefits for Education Costs!

Posted at Feb 25, 2012 7:13 am

Education Tax Credits Help Pay Higher Education Costs Two federal tax credits may help you offset the costs of higher education for yourself or your dependents.  These are the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. To qualify for either credit, you must pay postsecondary tuition and fees for yourself, your spouse or your […]

Be the First to Comment

I Love My Street Team!

Posted at Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I recently started a “Street Team,” a group of book lovers who graciously offered to help spread the word about my novels.  Such wonderful women!  I’d love to introduce you to some of them.   Dru is an avid book reader on who lives on the East Coast. Her day job as a research analyst keeps […]


Your Social Security Benefits May be Taxable

Posted at Feb 8, 2012 4:18 pm

Seven Tips to Help You Determine if Your Social Security Benefits are Taxable Many people may not realize the Social Security benefits they received in 2011 may be taxable. All Social Security recipients should receive a Form SSA-1099 from the Social Security Administration which shows the total amount of their benefits. You can use this […]

Be the First to Comment

Got Married or Divorced? Be Sure to Change Your Name with the SSA!

Posted at Feb 5, 2012 6:38 pm

Five Tips for Recently Married or Divorced Taxpayers with a Name Change If you changed your name after a recent marriage or divorce, the IRS reminds you to take the necessary steps to ensure the name on your tax return matches the name registered with the Social Security Administration. A mismatch between the name shown […]

Be the First to Comment

Missing a W-2? Here’s What to Do!

Posted at Feb 5, 2012 6:25 pm

What to Do If You Are Missing a W-2 Make sure you have all the needed documents, including all your Forms W-2, before you file your 2011 tax return. You should receive an IRS Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers. Employers have until Jan. 31, 2012 to issue your 2011 […]

Be the First to Comment

Avoid Common Tax Return Errors!

Posted at Jan 21, 2012 5:56 pm

To make sure your tax return will pass muster, check out this video from the IRS regarding common errors:

Be the First to Comment

Try Something Cheap and Easy!

Posted at Jan 18, 2012 6:44 pm

This just out from the IRS! Everyone is Eligible to Free File! Everyone can prepare and e-file their federal tax returns for free using the IRS Free File Program. Free File is offered through a public-private partnership between the Internal Revenue Service and tax software companies. Free File can help you do your taxes fast; […]

Be the First to Comment

What’s Your Status?

Posted at Jan 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Eight Facts to Help Determine Your Correct Filing Status Determining your filing status is one of the first steps to filing your federal income tax return. There are five filing statuses: Single, Married Filing Jointly, Married Filing Separately, Head of Household and Qualifying Widow(er) with Dependent Child. Your filing status is used to determine your […]

Be the First to Comment

Great Tips from the IRS on How to Choose a Tax Preparer

Posted at Jan 12, 2012 8:02 am

Ten Tips to Help You Choose a Tax Preparer Many people look for help from professionals when it’s time to file their tax return. If you use a paid tax preparer to file your return this year, the IRS urges you to choose that preparer wisely. Even if a return is prepared by someone else, […]

Be the First to Comment

Next Page »

Get Social